Friday 10 July 2009

Soft as a baby's bottom.


As this is my first post, I thought it would be appropriate to do a little review/plug of my favourite beauty product, Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter. As the name suggests, it is intended for use on babies to soothe and prevent nappy rash. However, I, along with thousands of other women across the UK, have discovered that it is amazing to use as a general moisturiser for lips, hands, feet, face, and anywhere else on the body that needs a bit of moisture. At only £2.49 a pot it makes it far preferable to a lot of brand name products that do pretty much the same job. It is free from parabens and other nasty chemicals and contains natural ingredients such as olive oil, soothing chamomile, and a subtle scent of vanilla.

I will say, however, that I do not recommend using in during the day for any purpose other than a lip balm. This is purely because it is so thick that it would just make you look and feel greasy. The texture is kind of like Vaseline, but nicer, in my opinion! I like to keep a pot in my bag to use as a lip balm as I find it works better than most lip balms I've tried. It lasts for ages and keeps my lips so soft. I also keep a pot on my bedside table to smother on my hands, feet and face before I go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning and go through my usual face cleansing routine my skin is left feeling, well, soft as a baby's bottom! It's amazing, you should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin